It was another great week in 4th grade! This week we hammered out our class t-shirt design and got started with our #TweeterOfTheDay. Take a look at what we did in each subject.
"Studying the Craft of Language Through Mentor Authors"
- Read Like a Reader vs. Read Like A Writer
- Word Choice
- Sentence Fluency
"Structures of Life"
- Crayfish Behavior & Structures
- Vertebrates: Fish vs. Amphibians
- Students took notes on the structures of each vertebrate and discussed the function of each structure.
- Students used their notes to create a foldable comparing fish and amphibians.
- Vertebrates: Reptiles & Birds
- SRI Assessment
- Interpreting Characters - Preassessment
- Reading Intensely
- Taking Responsibility for reading "Just Right" books
"Addition, Subtraction & Place Value"
- Numbers Through One Million
- Number Names
- Expanded Form
- Relationships in Place Value
- We learned that there's a relationship between two digits that are the same in a muli-digit number.
- For example, in 4,556 the 5 in the hundreds place is 10 times more than the 5 in the tens place.
- Comparing Whole Numbers
- Students compared whole numbers up to the 100,000 place.
- Students learned strategies for comparing numbers that may start with the same digits.
- If you weren't able to attend curriculum night, all of the information you need can be found here on the blog.
- Check our class calendar for important dates - click here to see the calendar.
- "Like" us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/MrsWoodsWorkshop/
- Follow our #TweeterOfTheDay on Twitter - https://twitter.com/WoodsWorkshop