We had a great week in 4th grade! We worked hard to create our class cheer and we got to meet our 1st grade buddies.
"Studying the Craft of Language Through Mentor Authors"
- Formative Assessment
"Structures of Life"
- Mammals - Structures & Characteristics
- Vertebrate Structure Scavenger Hunt
- Animal Adaptations
- Ask your child about the animal adaptation games on the blog! Find them here.
- Mystery Vertebrates
- Performance Task
- Retelling and Synthesizing to Cement Comprehension
- Envisionment: Seeing and Hearing Inside a Text
- Learning Progressions
- Readers learned how to use a progression to score their current work and then to find out what is needed to move to the next level.
- Developing Defensible Ideas About Characters
- Independent Reading Assessments (IRAs)
- Fountas & Pinnell Assessments (F&Ps)
Remember to read 30 minutes nightly!
"Addition, Subtraction & Place Value"
- Topic 1 Assessment
- Math Centers/Reteach Day
- Strategies for Addition and Subtraction
- Break Apart
- Traditional Algorithm for Addition (Stack and Attack!)
- Estimating Sums and Differences
Remember to practice math facts nightly!
News & Notes:
- Monday, September 5th - No School
- Wednesday, September 7th - Late Start
- Friday, September 9th - No Fuss Fundraiser Ends
- September 26th - The Shack Fundraiser
- September 30th - Field Day
- THANK YOU to everyone who placed book orders! You helped us earn 12 new books for our classroom library. We also earned coupons for FREE books for every student in our classroom. Those will be coming home with the next book order in September.
- Mrs. Zimmerman is working to gather families to participate in the Manchester Parade on September 10th. Students and families are needed to represent Barretts on our parade float! Information is coming home in backpacks tonight.
- Students should be sharing their Student Planner with you each night. This is where they should record their reading minutes. Any other homework will also be communicated via Student Planners.