We had a great week in 4th grade! We are really looking forward to the new S.A.L.T. committees this school year and we're excited about welcoming our new student to our classroom this week.
Take a look at our Week in Review!
"Studying the Craft of Language Through Mentor Authors"
- Write a Narrative Plan
- Choose a Seed
- Beginning, Middle & End
- Draft on Chromebooks
"Structures of Life"
- Performance Task
- Study Guide
- Review Game - Zap!
- End of Unit Assessment
- Developing Significant Ideas About Characters
- Growing Grounded, Significant Ideas by Noticing Author's Craft - Finding Meaning in Repeated Details
- Improving Theories by Reaching Precise Academic Language
- Independent Reading Assessments (IRAs)
- Fountas & Pinnell Assessments (F&Ps)
Remember to read 30 minutes nightly! Students will start tracking reading minutes in Leadership Binders next week.
"Addition, Subtraction & Place Value"
- Estimating Sums and Differences
- Traditional Algorithm for Subtraction
- Subtraction Across Zeros - Magic Penny!
Remember to practice math facts nightly!
News & Notes:
- Tomorrow, September 10th is the Manchester Parade!
- If you plan on participating please be there by 8:15am. Judging begins at 8:30am. Contact Mrs. Zimmermann with questions.
- S.A.L.T. Committee applications are out!
- Applications are due by next Friday. Information will be coming home tonight with your student.
- The link to the online application is here - http://tinyurl.com/2016SALT
- Field Day is coming up! Field Day will be on Friday, September 30th.
- Students will eat lunch in the classroom on this day. The cafeteria is serving crackers & cheese, apple sauce, rice crispies and a milk/juice. Feel free to pack a sack lunch on this day.
- Barretts Spirit Wear can still be ordered online through Monday, September 12th.
- The link to order is https://www.bsnteamsports.com/. Access Code: Bobcat2Y69
- Be sure to check the calendar on the blog for important dates.
- Heads Up! There are a few days coming up that I will be out of the classroom.
- September 21st (1/2 day math professional development) - Ms. Massey will be our guest teacher.
- September 30th - Mrs. Davis will be out guest teacher.