News & Notes:
- Be sure to check the calendar on the blog for important dates.
- Our first annual Trunk or Treat will take place on October 30th from 4:30-6:30pm. More information about the event can be found HERE.
- Halloween Parties are right around the corner, please be sure to reference our Barretts Food Policy before sending in any edible treats. You can more information in our 4th grade letter HERE.
- The Halloween Parade will start at 2:20pm
- Students will change into costumes before the parade. Please do not send students to school in costumes.
- Classroom Parties will start at 2:40pm
- Wednesday, November 2nd is a Late Start day.
- Picture Retakes are happening on Friday, November 4th.
- NO SCHOOL on November 7th & 8th
- Love Science? Check out the Science Fair & STEM EXPO on February 25th. Register here - http://tinyurl.com/pkwystudentsciencefair2017
Take a look at our Week in Review!
- Narrowing Our Ideas
- Organizing Our Schema
- Turning Schema into Reason
- Strengthening Our Evidence with Facts
- Persuasive Topic Research
- Louisiana Purchase - Internet Scavenger Hunt
- Opinion Writing - Should Jefferson Purchase the Louisiana Territory?
- Lewis & Clark
- Time Warp Trio
- Lewis & Clark - Survival Skills
- This week we began our study of the structures of nonfiction texts. Students studied the following structures:
Remember to read 30 minutes nightly!
"Multiplication & Division"
- Mental Math - Multiply by Multiples of 10, 100, 1,000
- Mental Math - Round to Estimate Products
- Using the Distributive Property to Multiply
- Open Arrays to Multiply
Remember to practice math facts nightly! Students can log into XtraMath and practice at home.