Week In Review:
With the Snow Day (or should I say Ice Day), Late Start and Welcome Back activities we got to just a little bit of our normal learning this week. Below you'll find an overview of what we accomplished.
- Writing Introductions that Hook Your Reader
- Writing Conclusions
"Missouri Statehood and Westward Expansion"
- Read Dandelions
- Textbook Reading & Notetaking: Missouri Becoming a State
- Introduction to the Missouri Compromise
- New Reading Spots
- Engagement Strategies
- Independent Reading Assessments
Remember to read 30 minutes nightly!
"Multiplication & Division"
- Amusement Park Division
- Students tackled a messy division problem that invites them to consider what to do with "leftovers".
- Students explored another division problem where the relationship between multiplication & division was highlighted.
- Students worked with math partners to investigate place value patterns in division.
Remember to practice math facts nightly! Students can log into XtraMath and practice at home.
Please Welcome Mrs. Cavaness!
I am excited to announce that we will be welcoming a student teaching on Wednesday, January 18th. Miss Cavaness will be with our class until the end of the school year. Please take some time to read her introduction letter.
News & Notes:
- Be sure to check the calendar on the blog for important dates.
- Love Law? Interested in an essay writing contest with a cash prize? For more information, contact Mrs. Wood.
- Six Flags Reading Logs are due on February 24th.
- Need a reading log? Just let me know!
- Love Science? Check out the Science Fair & STEM EXPO on February 25th. Register here - http://tinyurl.com/pkwystudentsciencefair2017