Thank you so much to all of the parents who helped to make Missouri Day possible! We appreciate all of your help in pulling off such a fun day for us! Head over to our classroom Facebook page to see pictures from the day.
Please take the time to check the important calendar dates below and learn more about what we learned in 4th grade this week.
Important Calendar Dates
- Sunday, October 29th - Barretts' Trunk or Treat
- Tuesday, October 31st - Halloween Parade (2:20pm) & Halloween Parties (2:40pm).
- Wednesday, November 1st - Late Start, Building opens at 10:50am.
- Monday, November 6th - NO SCHOOL, Records Day
- November 9th-10th - Mrs. Wood Out, Ms. Massey will be filling in on both days.
- November 22nd - 24th - Thanksgiving Break
Week in Review
Looking for ways to help your 4th grader at home? Here's a list of activities that will help them in the classroom.
- Our Multiplication Math Assessment is coming up next Tuesday, October 24th. Students took home practice pages earlier this week. Reviewing those practice pages and/or completing Practice Buddies in Pearson will help you student be prepared for this assessment.
- Read 30 minutes per night.
- Complete 1 session of Xtra Math per night.
- Practice Accountable Spelling Words
Parkway STEM Fest
Southwest Middle School on
- Join us for interactive family fun with a focus on Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math. All ages are welcome!
- , exploration stations open from
- exploration stations and design & building challenges open from .
- Special guests like Parkway’s Early Childhood Center and The Science Center will be joining us for the fun.
- Science Fair Schedule
- Digital Projects Due - by
- Project Placement - from
- Exhibit Viewing - from
- Judging - from
- Judging - from
- Exhibit viewing and Project Pick Up - from PM
- Science Fair Project Categories
- To find rubrics for each type of project click here.
- K-2 Experiment or Observations
- K-2 Model or Collection
- 3-5 Experiment or Observation
- 3-5 Model or Collection
- K-5 Engineering or Invention
- 6-8 Experiment
- 6-8 Engineering or Invention
All projects must be registered by .