Welcome to our Week in Review!
Please take the time to check the important calendar dates below and learn more about what we learned in 4th grade this week.
Important Calendar Dates
- Friday, November 17th - Progress Report Link Goes Live
- November 22nd - 24th - Thanksgiving Break
- Wednesday, December 6th - Late Start
- Friday, December 15th - P.E. Firehouse Field Trip
- Thursday, December 21st - Winter Parties & Early Dismissal (1:05pm)
- December 22nd - January 3rd - Winter Break
Week in Review
I recently found an awesome new format for kids to record their Week In Review. To learn more about what we're doing in 4th grade, click the week you're interested in and you'll have access to all of the student created videos.
Social Studies Presentations
Last week students researched one of the Late Tribes of Missouri. Students created a presentation to teach others. Check it out below. We're still working on perfecting our Green Screen skills :)
Looking for ways to help your 4th grader at home? Here's a list of activities that will help them in the classroom.
- Read 30 minutes per night.
- Complete 1 session of Xtra Math per night.
- Practice Accountable Spelling Words
Parkway STEM Fest
Southwest Middle School on
- Join us for interactive family fun with a focus on Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math. All ages are welcome!
- , exploration stations open from
- exploration stations and design & building challenges open from .
- Special guests like Parkway’s Early Childhood Center and The Science Center will be joining us for the fun.
- Science Fair Schedule
- Digital Projects Due - by
- Project Placement - from
- Exhibit Viewing - from
- Judging - from
- Judging - from
- Exhibit viewing and Project Pick Up - from PM
- Science Fair Project Categories
- To find rubrics for each type of project click here.
- K-2 Experiment or Observations
- K-2 Model or Collection
- 3-5 Experiment or Observation
- 3-5 Model or Collection
- K-5 Engineering or Invention
- 6-8 Experiment
- 6-8 Engineering or Invention
All projects must be registered by .