Welcome to our Week in Review!
Please take the time to check the important calendar dates below and learn more about what we learned in 4th grade this week.
Important Calendar Dates
- Wednesday, January 10th - Late Start
- Monday, January 15th - No School
- Friday, February 9th - Mrs. Wood's Birthday & Baby Wood's Due Date :)
- Wednesday, February 14th - Parkway Alumni Association Granting Dreams Applications Due
- Thursday, February 22nd - Parkway STEM Fest Project Registration Due
Looking for ways to help your 4th grader at home? Here's a list of activities that will help them in the classroom.
- Read 30 minutes per night.
- Complete 1 session of Xtra Math per night.
- Practice Accountable Spelling Words
2018 Parkway Alumni Association Granting Dreams
The PAA is sponsoring three wonderful grant opportunities for Parkway students in 2018! Last year, the PAA granted $17,800 to 201 Parkway students (K-12) - these grants were for a wide variety of learning opportunities, but none of them would have been possible if the students hadn't known about the application process and deadlines.
The application period for student grants sponsored by the Parkway Alumni Association will open on Jan. 4, 2018. These grants include Granting Dreams (up to $250 for K-12 students), the Thomas Phelps Entrepreneurship Award (up to $1,000 for Parkway high-school students) and the John Baker Music Scholars Award (up to $250 for Parkway 10th- and 11th-grade band students). Last year, the PAA granted $17,800 to 201 Parkway students (K-12) - these grants were for a wide variety of learning opportunities, including camps, courses, tours, visits, supplies, musical instruments and job-shadowing opportunities with professionals in the Parkway area. Applications are available through Parkway schools and at www.ParkwayAlumni.org (click the Programs tab). The deadline for returning grant applications to the PAA is 4 p.m. on Feb. 14, 2018. Questions? Contact email@example.com.
You can download the attached files (see bottom of email) and print them for students, or use them as links in your online publications. The applications also can be downloaded from our website at www.ParkwayAlumni.org (click Programs tab). If you just want to copy/paste the links below into your online publications, that will work, too.
Thank you for helping Parkway students in your school get access to these grant opportunities! Please encourage teachers to review students' applications to make sure they followed the directions (to avoid being disqualified). The apps are a lot of fun to read and provide some insight about what students are eager to learn outside of school.
If you have any questions about the PAA grant programs, please contact Leah McCoy, PAA executive director, at #58074 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parkway STEM Fest
Southwest Middle School on
- Join us for interactive family fun with a focus on Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math. All ages are welcome!
- , exploration stations open from
- exploration stations and design & building challenges open from .
- Special guests like Parkway’s Early Childhood Center and The Science Center will be joining us for the fun.
- Science Fair Schedule
- Digital Projects Due - by
- Project Placement - from
- Exhibit Viewing - from
- Judging - from
- Judging - from
- Exhibit viewing and Project Pick Up - from PM
- Science Fair Project Categories
- To find rubrics for each type of project click here.
- K-2 Experiment or Observations
- K-2 Model or Collection
- 3-5 Experiment or Observation
- 3-5 Model or Collection
- K-5 Engineering or Invention
- 6-8 Experiment
- 6-8 Engineering or Invention
All projects must be registered by .